Sunday, May 31, 2009

Blue Lemonade for Blue Monday




You know what they say about the path to perdition. Well, I'd planned all week for a montage of the sky and ridgeline that I see from my kitchen windows. I thought about it and I thought about it, but never touched the camera and when I went to take the pictures the sky chose to bury itself beneath a haze of milky white and nap like Sleeping Beauty. I made myself a drink - I swear it was not the one you see here - and while sipping my tea had another thought that did lead to the photograph and recipe featured today. A few years ago I was asked to make a punch for a shower that had an all blue theme. Drinks are not my area of expertise, but with a little research I was able to find something called Blue Lemonade Punch. Now, unbenounced to me, there was one small problem with the drink. It's made with strawberry Kool-Aid. God has yet to create a man or woman who can taste blue curacao and vodka when mixed with this strawberry witches brew. Some of the revelers, though warned the punch was spiked, had a very, very good time that was matched only by the very, very bad headaches they had the following day. This is not that drink, but it's pretty darn close to it, so proceed with caution. I do love the color. It's perfect for Blue Monday.

Blue Lemonade

Ingredients:
1 ounce vodka
1 ounce Blue Curacao liqueur
4 - 5 ounces lemonade
Ice cubes

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a shaker jar. Mix well. Serve in tall, thin glass over ice. Yield: 1 serving.


I'm send this to Smiling Sally for her Blue Monday event.

No comments:

Post a Comment