Saturday, December 18, 2010

Quick Bread Round-Up

From the kitchen of One Perfect Bite...The gifts I've made for our neighbors this Christmas are simple baskets that include a small bread board, a jar of cranberry conserves and two loaves of quick bread, one sweet, the other savory. I've made a lot of bread this year and I had to puzzle what my choices for gifting would be. I could have used any of the recipes that appear in today's round-up, but I finally decided to make a seasonally colorful French olive bread and streusel topped pumpkin and pecan bread that I particularly enjoy. I've found that quick breads make wonderful token gifts for the holidays. They are easy to put together and they are always appreciated. There is a good deal of truth in that old saw, "Nothing says lovin' like something from the oven." So, if you still have gifts outstanding, may I suggest that you fire up the oven and have a go at one of the recipes that appear below.




Olive Bread















Hawaiian Banana Bread










Lemon Poppyseed Bread













Date and Hazelnut Bread












Coconut Bubble Bread











Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread










Pumpkin Apple Bread












Strawberry Tea Bread











Pumpkin Pecan Bread with Streusel Topping










Toasted Coconut Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment