Saturday, December 11, 2010

Holiday Coffee Cake and Muffin Round Up

From the kitchen of One Perfect Bite...While it may be wretched excess, I think a holiday breakfast or brunch is incomplete without a coffee cake or muffins on the table. Butter, after all, needs a vehicle on which it can be spread. I watch what I eat for most of the year, and go so far as to lose 5 pounds just before the holidays begin. Then my reserve crumbles and I start to eat foods I wouldn't normally allow to cross my lips. When January rolls around I have, of course, regained the 5 pounds I lost back in October. Now, the cynics out there will note that I've lost and gained the same 5 pounds for 50 years running, and because everyone knows cynics have a mean streak, they'll also gleefully do the math for anyone who will pay attention to them. Ignore them. The optimists, however, will see Mrs. Feeziwig and say only that she "knew how to keep Christmas well." Really well. The recipes in today's round-up are for the optimists among you. They have all been tested and eaten with complete abandon and wouldn't be here if they weren't delicious. I hope you find something here that tempts you. Here are the recipes for some of my favorite coffee cakes and muffins.






Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake










Pom Koec - Belgian Coffee Cake











Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake











Blackberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake










French Breakfast Puffs











Coffee Walnut Snack Cake











Raspberry Streusel Muffins












Apple Cake with Caramel Glaze











Morning Glory Muffins










Budapest Coffee Cake














Marionberry Muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment