Monday, April 20, 2009

White Chocolate Truffles




From the kitchen of One Perfect Bite...These truffles have been on my "must try" list for ages. I've had no time to test them, so the recipe sat in a folder where it was beginning to yellow with age. I finally got to them last night and I'm delighted to tell you they are fabulous. I'm not an experienced candy maker. Fudge made with marshmallow cream has been my only other excursion into the realm of candy making. I can now add truffles to my list. These are really easy to make and I hope, with a bit more practice, I'll be able to make them as pretty as they are delicious. They should be served cold. If you're fond of white chocolate, you'll love these.

White Chocolate Truffles
...from the kitchen of One Perfect Bite

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
7 tablespoons heavy cream, divided use
12-ounces good quality white chocolate chips, divided use
1 tablespoon orange liqueur

Directions:
1) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2) Place butter and 5 tablespoons cream in a 1-quart saucepan; slowly bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute. Remove pan from heat. Add 8-ounces of chocolate chips to cream. Stir until melted. Stir in orange liqueur.
3) Pour mixture onto prepared pan and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until firm.
4) Use a knife to score chocolate into 20 approximately equal pieces. Roll each piece into a small ball. If mixture becomes too sticky to roll, chill for a few minutes before proceeding. Transfer balls to freezer for 1 hour.
5) Melt reserved 4-ounces of white chocolate with 2 tablespoons cream. Dip balls in melted chocolate. Place on nonstick paper and quickly swirl top with a fork. Let harden. Serve cold. Yield: 20 truffles.

No comments:

Post a Comment