Sunday, February 8, 2009

.....Chiang Mai Journal

We've just returned from an elephant camp in the village of the Lisu - a hill tribe of Northern Thailand. The simplicity of their lives is mind bending. We lived among them for a short time and did, indeed, ride an elephant. I felt like Hannibal crossing the Alps. The visit, thus far, has been amazing and I have pages of detail recorded in my travel journal. My first encounter with elephants was in Bangkok where I learned the elephant riding next to our cab had the right of way. He was entitled!!! I've been to a Thai cooking school and loved every moment of that as well. One of these days I'll become sophisticated and jaded but till them I'm like a child on Christmas morning, loving every minute of what comes my way. Take care .....Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment